Thursday, January 12, 2012

Resolutions can be tough!

I had a challege to my New Year's resolution-keeping last night.  My boyfriend got invited by some friends to go to Vegas in a couple months (which he declined, if only because he has other more pressing financial matters at the moment) and also to New Orleans in the fall (which he said he'd probably do).  What?!  My control issues raged their ugly head for sure.  It got me to thinking, though, what IS my problem, exactly, with him going to these places?  With or without me?  Part of it is I'm not a fan of these cities.  Granted, I haven't been to New Orleans yet, but I see it as a city with lots of drinking, partying, and flashing.  True or not, that's my mental image.  And it's NOT a place I'm all that comfortable with my boyfriend being, with or without me. 
The other part is fear.  I'm afraid he'll go, meet someone (or just SEE someone), come home, and then I will no longer be enough.  Crazy?  Perhaps.  My insecurity.  Yes. 

That's when I remembered my resolutions: "Trust the Universe AT ALL TIMES" and "Let go of my need to be in control."  At all times means AT ALL TIMES.  Including if my boyfriend goes to a party-driven city.  The Universe has got this.  IT is in control.  I can trust in the Universe's all-knowing management of things.  It is *always* acting and creating for my benefit.  Always.  Believe that.  Trust it.  And Let Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment